Sunday, November 14, 2010

YADAH... among the nations

The campus has added ALL the flags of the Nations (about 230) in honor of YWAM's 50th celebration!


As I was preparing to write this post, I thought, "What is the Hebrew word for praise?"  I found out there are actually seven words but I choose one to "chew on" today.  


YADAH - yaw-daw - to worship with the extended hand. The giving of oneself in worship and adoration. To lift your hands unto the Lord. It carries the meaning of absoulute surrender as a young child does to a parent - "pick me up, I'm all yours".  Scriptures: Gen. 29:35, 2 Chron. 7:6, 20:21, Psalms 9:1, 28:7, Psalms 33:2, 42:5,11, 49:18, Isaiah 12:1




One of the beautiful highlights of the Lord planting me here is the privilege of praising him among the nations!  

"I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples.  For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies" Psalm 57:9-10

This past Thursday night is a perfect example of such an experience.  We were led in exuberant worship and praise by Africans, Australians, Islanders, etc.  ENJOY!



      A taste of heaven... since every nation and tribe will surround His throne in worship :)



No comments:

Post a Comment