Saturday, November 20, 2010

ESTABLISH


To make stable or firm; to fix immovably or firmly; to set (a thing) in a place and make it stable there; to settle; to confirm.

One of the key words coming up these first few weeks in my heart is the word ESTABLISH.  In prayer, the Lord has encouraged my heart that this is an establishing time and He will do the establishing!  One way this is happening is spending as much time as possible in the p..lace of prayer in the actual prayer room here on campus.  Putting my roots down in His presence is SO crucial during this time.  
Two wonderful scriptures about this are both found in the Psalms.  King David was firmly established in the place of worship and prayer before the Lord.  It was only through many hours before God's throne, wandering with his sheep alone, that he was prepared to rule as king!  I actual woke up one morning this year with this thought in my mind, "David was prepared to rule through intimacy with God."  Intimacy with God brings authority and reign in the sphere He has you in!  Time with God in the secret place is SO valuable!

Indeed, of Zion it will be said, “This one and that one were born in her, and the Most High himself will establish her.” Psalm 87:5

After I had been hearing this word quite a bit my first week, I met with a woman on campus who prayed with me and the Lord gave her the following scripture... Perfect!
The children of your servants will live in your presence; their descendants will be established before you.” Psalm 102:28

May you too be established before our Father in your identity as his child and in your destiny!  Blessings, Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment