Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tree transplant!

Since my arrival to Kona last Wednesday night, a theme weaving itself into these initial days has been about me as a tree!  One of the key scriptures the Lord gave me about moving to Kona is found in Ezekiel 17:22-23.  "...I myself will take a shoot from the very top of a cedar and plant it; I will break off a tender sprig from its topmost shoots and plant it on a high a lofty mountain.  On the mountain heights of Israel I will plant it; it will produce branches and bear fruit and become a splendid cedar.  Birds of every kind will nest in it; they will find shelter in the shade of its branches."

In the prayer room yesterday, we worshiped to Psalm 1 which speaks about a tree planted by streams of water, bearing fruit in season, and whose leaf does not wither.

In my first staff meeting this morning, the team welcomed me and a key prayer was about me being planted as a tree!

I love this affirmation and encouragement from the Lord as I begin this season here!

No comments:

Post a Comment